tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tassilo Pilati" ...@weboperations.com>
Subject AW: losing track of sessions
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2001 18:20:25 GMT
Interesting... are you using Apache ? I`m running Tomcat 3.2.1 with Apache.
When I use URL rewritting I run into problems becuase Apache does not
passover the requests to Tomcat. It gets confused with the ;jsessionid
string which Tomcat appends to an url to enforce session tracking using url
rewritting. Do you use virtual hosts ? Have you inserted any rewrite rules
into the http.conf of Apache ?
  -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
  Von: Gerard Quinn [mailto:gerquinn@barrysworld.com]
  Gesendet: Mittwoch, 18. April 2001 19:22
  An: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
  Betreff: losing track of sessions

  I am using Tomcat 4 beta 3 to develop a site.
  Every so often if I have the "allow session cookies" option set in my
browser,
  My sessions get lost or invalidated or something.
  If I disable this option and let the server use url rewriting
  my site works fine.
  Does anyone know if this is a server problem or could it be a problem with
my code.
  Thanks in advance.

  Gerard.