tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tassilo Pilati" ...@weboperations.com>
Subject AW: Tomcat with Apache/URLRewritting and mod_rewrite
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2001 08:48:31 GMT
The mod_rewrite gets loaded in my http.conf. I also added the rewrite rule
but it did not work. According to the application name jserv-servlet it
seems to me as this rewrite rule is meant to be used with jserv not with
mod_jk ?! Nowhere in my http.conf file could I find a definition of the
application jserv-servlet, which I guess must be defined in order for this
rule to work. Are you running Tomcat with Apache ??

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Ralph Einfeldt [mailto:ralph.einfeldt@uptime-isc.de]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 18. April 2001 07:41
An: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Betreff: AW: Tomcat with Apache/URLRewritting and mod_rewrite

For the remarks see below:

> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
<snip/>
> <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
>   RewriteEngine On
>   RewriteRule  ^(/.*;jsessionid=.*)$  $1  [T=jserv-servlet]
> </IfModule>
<snip/>
The mod_rewrite must be loaded to enable the rule. (e.g.:
LoadModule rewrite_module /usr/local/apache/lib/mod_rewrite.so)

<snip/>
> I also was wondering what the [T=jserv-servlet] means ?
<snip/>

>From the mod_rewrite documentation:

'type|T=MIME-type' (force MIME type)
  Force the MIME-type of the target file to be MIME-type. For
  instance, this can be used to simulate the mod_alias directive
  ScriptAlias which internally forces all files inside the
  mapped directory to have a MIME type of
  ''application/x-httpd-cgi''.