tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tassilo Pilati" ...@informationsdesign.de>
Subject Tomcat with Apache/URLRewritting and mod_rewrite
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2001 15:47:03 GMT
Hello,

I have Tomcat 3.2.1 and Apache installed under Linux. Unfortuantely, after I
switched from standalone mode to Apache with Tomcat, session tracking
stopped working. I searched the FAQ and found out that it is a problem with
apache not handing over the request to the Tomcat engine due to the appended
session id string in the URL. However, I have not come across a HOWTO which
explains how to resolve this. There seem to be many people out there who are
having the same problem and I think it would be very usefull to include a
solution into the Tomcat user guide or mod_jk-HOWTO, since to my mind this
is a fundamental configuration setup, which everybody needs when running
tomcat in combination with apache. For the time being I would appreciate it
very much if somebody who knows the solution, or has a good HOWTO could help
me solving this. In the Tomcat FAQ somebody mentions to include the
following lines:

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
  RewriteEngine On
  RewriteRule  ^(/.*;jsessionid=.*)$  $1  [T=jserv-servlet]
</IfModule>

I have to admit that I`m not used no url rewritting with apache. Including
this in the mod_jk.conf-auto at various point or directly in the http.conf
did not work. I also was wondering what the [T=jserv-servlet] means ?

Thanks!

T. Pilati