tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tassilo Pilati" ...@weboperations.com>
Subject AW: Can Sessions be tracked via URL-rewriting?
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2001 09:49:50 GMT
But it will not work if you are using Apache with Tomcat. It only works with
Tomcat standalone or Apache and Tomcat and cookies turned on. However, if
the client disables cookies... your site won`t work for him.
-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: Wolle [mailto:wolle@dorf.RWTH-Aachen.DE]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 19. April 2001 10:36
An: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Can Sessions be tracked via URL-rewriting?

Hei,
You have to do it in your Servlet/JSP
with the Methode encodeURL or encodeRedirectURL.
response.encodeURL("/test/URL")
This have you to do with all your Links in the Servelt.
Tomcat will automaticly choose the URI-Rewriting if the cookies are
disabled.
When the cookies are enabled, the encodeURL Methode won't change the URL.
So you don't have to handle it if there cookies or not.

Greetings
Michael