tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Randy Layman <randy.lay...@aswethink.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 3.2.1 returns a Java.exe error. when I use JSP
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2001 14:05:55 GMT

	It sounds like you need to get rid of the JDBC-ODBC bridge.

	There are only two ways to get a "Program Error" on Windows when
running java: a bug in the JVM or a bug in some native code that your
application is running.  You don't mention how you're accessing SQL Server,
but I would guess its through the JDBC-ODBC bridge.  For more information,
check out Sun's Bug Parade, but this is a very famous bug that Sun has
refused to fix for years and has caused many people who didn't research all
the issues beforehand many problems.

	As an alternative, I would suggest the database drivers that we use
from INet Software (www.inetsoftware.de).  We have always had good
experiences with their drivers, but have only used them with SQL Server 6.5
and 7.

	Randy