tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Randy Layman <randy.lay...@aswethink.com>
Subject RE: Finding index.jsp on IIS
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2001 11:17:27 GMT

	Your problem is happening because of the order in which IIS
processes requests.  Here's the steps (as I've been able to determine):
	1.  Check Filters, if found send the response
	2.  Check Actual files/virtual directories, if found send the file
(interpreted if its asp)
	3.  Check special options (like default directory), if found, return
to #2
	4.  Respond with 404.

	I've never tried this, but you might try adding a line to your
uriworkermap.properties file like
/=ajp12
this will map the root request to the ajp connector.  Make sure that Tomcat
is setup to server index.jsp by default (I believe that the config files
ship that way)

	If that doesn't work then you can't do what you're trying to do
because there is no other way to get IIS to send the default page to a
filter, that I know of.

	Randy