tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael Wentzel <Michael.Went...@aswethink.com>
Subject RE: Repaint( )
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2001 14:03:47 GMT
> Have you tried the paint method?
> Each class derived from the java.awt.Component has a paint
> method to do what you want.
>
> This forum is likely not the best place to ask your question.
>  You may want to try Sun's forum.  See www.java.sun.com.

> Hello All !!
>
> Do anybody of you know how to repaint particular area of
> Applet rather than repainting an entire applet.
> First tell me is it possible to repaint particular area.
>
> Sorry I am asking this question in Tomcat user list
> but i found this is the only way to ask this question
> where lots of world class personality shares their views.

I believe if he is just wanting to repaint a subarea of a
container/component it would be more appropriate to use
the repaint([long,] int, int, int, int) methods which allow
specification of a x, y, width and height as well as an optional
long for specifying repaint within tm millisecs.  Check out
the java.awt.Component javadocs.

But I definitely agree this question is more appropriate(and
has probably already been answered) on the Sun JDC discussion
groups and the developers posting to these groups are just
as knowledgeable as those on this group.

---
Michael Wentzel
Software Developer
Software As We Think - http://www.aswethink.com
mailto:wentzel@aswethink.com

- Punisher of those who cannot spell dumb!