tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Amos Shapira <amos.shap...@webcollage.com>
Subject Dynamic Tomcat configuration?
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2001 13:55:39 GMT
Hello,

I suppose there must be a way to dynamically configure Tomcat
instead of writing the server.xml file, e.g. express tags like:

        <Connector className="org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpConnector">
            <Parameter name="handler"
value="org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler"/>
            <Parameter name="port" value="8080"/>
        </Connector>

or:

        <Context path="/test" docBase="." debug="1" reloadable="true" />

by means of creating some object and passing it to some Tomcat
configuration function.

As far as I dug into the Tomcat source (3.2.1, JDK 1.2.2_005 on Windows)
I couldn't find that way.  Can someone show me an example?

The aim is twofold:

1. We use Tomcat for automatic testting of our web applications
infrastructure
and code development under JBuilder, and would like to be able to
dynamically
provide port numbers in each run (since we might have multiple projects
running)

2. When testting on UNIX (Solaris 2.6), multiple users may easely clash on
fixed
port numbers.

Thanks,

--Amos Shapira