tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Darrell Porter <>
Subject RE: Detect Browser "Disconnect"
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2001 19:44:36 GMT
What are your thoughts on possible ways of doing this?  What would Tomcat
have to "know" to determine the browser is no longer waiting?

Other than using sessions that expire after a period of idle time or when a
user logs off, I'm not sure of a way.

-----Original Message-----
From: Devon Ziegler []
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2001 11:58 AM
Subject: Detect Browser "Disconnect"

Well, I waited a while and decided to ask this question again (WITHOUT read
receipts this time!!! :) (what a waste of email bandwidth)).  Is there any
way to determine if the browser that requested a page is still waiting for
the response?  I would like to terminate lengthy queries and computations if
the browser asking for the page is no longer waiting for it.  We're using
Linux 6.2 with tomcat 3.2.1 standalone and using Servlets.  Any thoughts?
Is this impossible?  Anybody?  Anybody?

Devon C. Ziegler
Cell:   (678) 485-7025
Office: (678) 589-4126