tomcat-users mailing list archives

Subject RE: Welcome File : index.jsp
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2001 21:42:20 GMT

Better yet, could someone please send me a functioning copy of web.xml that sits
in the WEB-INF directory of your context and that loads index.jsp as a default
file for that context.
Thanks in advance. on 04/16/2001 12:44:42 PM

Please respond to

cc:    (bcc: Suha Yacoub/IL/ONE)
Subject:  RE: Welcome File : index.jsp

I looked at the web.xml which I copied from TOMCAT_HOME/conf and it complies
with the dtd that it refers to on the Sun site:

I'm still trying to get tomcat to load index.jsp when I hit the context
directory. No luck yet.

A few questions:

 This web.xml defines a couple of servlets:
- default (servlet mapping /servlet/*)
- invoker (servlet mapping /*.jsp)
Do I need these, if this is already defined in server.xml?

Should I define index.jsp as a servlet. If so, what should the value be for :
- load-on-startup
- servlet-class

Should I define all the mime types within each context or is this unnecessary?
Can I remove these tags?

My welcome-file-list tag is ok with only one child

I apologize if there's documentation about this and I missed it.

The web.xml file also contains a long list

Michael Wentzel <> on 04/10/2001 01:06:16 PM

Please respond to