tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Doug Fields <>
Subject Re: Tomcat and MySQL
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2001 15:42:49 GMT
I have MySQL working fine with the driver you mention below (version 2.0.4)
by putting the library for it (the jar file) into the WEB-INF/lib
directory, where it belongs.

If it doesn't work for you there, you can try the $TOMCAT_HOME/lib
directory. Some things (like JCE 1.2.1) only will work from there due to
problems in tomcat.

I use Tomcat 3.2.1.

At 04:54 AM 4/30/2001, Robert Wohlgemuth wrote:
>Hi to all!
>I use Tomcat together with mysql to store my data.
>I wrote an servlet at school that uses an Oracle Database to store and
>retrieve data. It worked fine. So I wanted to use this servlet at home too.
>I changed the JDBC driver but now i get in the tomcat.log file an exception.
>The source of the exception is, that i cn't connect to my database. in my
>tomcat.log - file i found this entry:
>2001-04-30 10:50:05 - Ctx( /examples ): Exception in: R( /examples +
>/servlet/Navigation + null) - java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
>         at JDBCAdapter.<init>(
>         at Navigation.doGet(
>         at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(
>         at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(
>         at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(
>         at
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(
>         at
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.service.JNIEndpoint.service(
>Before i had some other errors. I change the classpath that the mysql-jdbc
>driver is also in it. And now the error mentioned above occours.
>Is this a problem of my classpath and why does the exception writes:
>org/gjt/mm/my.... an not
>I know this is not a problem of tomcat, but I think many of you use the
>mysql database with java.
>Perhaps someone can help me.
>Thanks in advance,
>         Robert