tomcat-users mailing list archives

From jim <...@jameswhitman.org>
Subject The include directive within a .jsp page referring to a servlet
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2001 22:24:22 GMT
Hi

I have a request for information. Can list members tell me if it is
possible to include a servlet into a jsp page using the Tomcat engine. I am
having problems with a "bad file argument to include" error message. I have
tried various ways of writing the url within the file="..." part of the
directive, but without success.

The servlet is called Dbase and lives in the classes directory of the
context "jbuilder" (and works with the /host/jbuilder/Dbase url straight
from the browser). My .jsp file (called jsp.jsp) lives in the examples
context under /examples/jsp/jsp.jsp and works fine with simple text or html
etc. files within that directory but not when the include is
file="/jbuilder/Dbase". I know that this is not a relative url, but it's
not clear how you would use a relative url when the servlet is mapped
through the web.xml file for its normal operation.

I'm at a loss to know whether or how to make this work. Am I barking up the
wrong tree.

Thanks, Jim