tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christian Bjørnbak <>
Subject Apache-Tomcat RewriteRule..
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2001 09:44:09 GMT

I trying to get requests to all non-existing files redirected to a servlet.

I'm using the following rule inspired by the "Apache 1.3 Url Rewriting

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
	RewriteEngine on
	RewriteLog /var/log/httpd/rewrite_log
	RewriteLogLevel 2
	RewriteCond   /home/docroot/%{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
	RewriteRule   ^(.+)                            /servlet$1

But this produces the following error in the Apache error log trying to
access the HelloWorldExample servlet (copied from examples to ROOT):

[<date and time>] [error] [client <ip>] File does not exist:

I'm loading the mod_jk module before the mod_rewrite module in httpd.conf.

Doesn't the mod_jk catch the rewrited path or does the /home/docroot part of
path do the damage?

How do I get rid of the /home/docroot part??

Christian Bjørnbak

View raw message