tomcat-users mailing list archives

From gould...@netscape.net
Subject Re: Problem with session tracking
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2001 10:21:40 GMT
Sam wrote:

> There is a difference between the way HttpSessions arew created and handled,
> and the Cookie objetc. The cookie object creates a persistant cookie on the
> clients machine. The HttpSession is just a memory cookie, and as such is
> non-persistant and doesn't sit on disk.

Interesting. Would you expect to see the session cookie when you call the getCookies() method
then or not?

Since my last mail, I've made some progress and can get isNew() to return false if I comment
out the last few lines of the servlet method which forward to a jsp page:

ServletContext servletContext = getServletConfig().getServletContext();
RequestDispatcher requestDispatcher = servletContext.getRequestDispatcher("/myapp/jsp/hello.jsp");
requestDispatcher.forward(request, response);

Why would this screw up my session?