tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ramesh Ankam <Ramesh.An...@pwgsc.gc.ca>
Subject Apache-Tomcat Integration
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2001 19:39:41 GMT
Hi Guys,

 I am new to Apache and Tomcat. I have downloaded and sucessfully installed
Apache 1.3.19 and Tomcat 3.2.1 they run perfectly fine
 independently. I would like to intergrate Apache with Tomcat to serve
Static pages and JSP and Servlets using Tomcat.

 1) I have added Include
D:/Tomcat/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1/conf/tomcat-apache.conf file to httpd.conf
file of Apache distribution.
 2) Downloaded ApacheModuleJServ.dll and added to libexec directory and
modules directory of Apache Installation?
 3) I started Tomcat first and then Apache, they started successfully and
was able to test servlets fine from Tomcat, but I cannot able to do the
 same using Apache URL
(http://localhost/examples/servlet/HelloWorldExample)?

 The servlet runs fine if I use Tomcat URL
http://localhost:8080/examples/servlet/HelloWorldExample?

 What would be the best way to test and know that Integration has been
successful?

 thanks for help,
 RaMESH