tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim O'Neil <...@xythos.com>
Subject RE: changing web app
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2001 20:33:37 GMT
At 04:29 PM 4/16/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>better to stop and restart tomcat and clear the work directory just to make
>sure, Also a long you are in development is better not to cashe you pages

I use Emacs as my ide, which gives me the ability (among
other things) to execute a shell script after every
compilation. If I have a certain (user-defined) switch
set to true, after any successful compilation the script
automatically checks the modified time and copies the
servlet class, if new, to my servlet context and re-starts
Tomcat. I'm sure other ides give you that possibility.