tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Thad Humphries <t...@mindwrap.com>
Subject Re: inputstream
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2001 16:29:52 GMT
I have found this differs between the JRE on the platform.  In my
experience, BufferedInputStream in IE 5.5 (no plugin) would get corrupted
so I had to read the full value returned by
URLConnection.getContentLength().  With Netscape 4.7, no plugin, I read
chunks as determined by BufferedInputStream.available().

I think the Netscape approach is how it should work.

At 11:51 4/30/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>hi everyone,
>
>i'm trying to use a form to upload a file from the webpage to my server.
>
>i don't want to store the file on myserver, i just want to receive the file
>data and send it somewhere else right away.
>
>i know that i have to parse the received data to eliminate the boundaries
>and th content type,etc.
>
>do you know the max size that i can receive on the
>standardInputStream????????
>
>thanks for any suggestions
>
>Georges

Thad Humphries                  "If the misery of our poor be caused not
Web Development Manager          by the laws of nature but by our institu-
Phone: 540/675-3015, ext. 225    tions, great is our sin."  Charles Darwin