tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jim Cheesman <jch...@msl.es>
Subject RE: WAR deployment
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2001 15:02:38 GMT
Try downloading ant (at jakarta-apache) - it'll build one for you
semi-automatically. You'll need to play around a little to get it to work,
not because it's faulty but rather to set up your build.xml files correctly.

Examples
Assume the following structure in the project's base directory:

thirdparty/libs/jdbc1.jar
thirdparty/libs/jdbc2.jar
build/main/com/myco/myapp/Servlet.class
src/metadata/myapp.xml
src/html/myapp/index.html
src/jsp/myapp/front.jsp
src/graphics/images/gifs/small/logo.gif
src/graphics/images/gifs/large/logo.gif

then the war file myapp.war created with
<war warfile="myapp.war" webxml="src/metadata/myapp.xml">
   <fileset dir="src/html/myapp"/>
   <fileset dir="src/jsp/myapp"/>
   <lib dir="thirdparty/libs">
     <exclude name="jdbc1.jar"/>
   </lib>
   <classes dir="build/main"/>
   <zipfileset dir="src/graphics/images/gifs"
               prefix="images"/>
</war>
will consist of
WEB-INF/web.xml
WEB-INF/lib/jdbc2.jar
WEB-INF/classes/com/myco/myapp/Servlet.class
META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
index.html
front.jsp
images/small/logo.gif