tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jani Toro <>
Subject Did you get any answers?
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2001 14:11:05 GMT
Hello Lin Gan

In January you wrote a question to a mailing list:

 >Hi, I try to run Servlet from TOMCAT, but it has error. Please give me
some help! The Servlet is to access Oracle DB. V8i. from the Travel DB that
I download >from Oracle site. I use Jdeveloper to create this
project. It compiles and runs fine in Jdeveloper. When I try to deploy it
to TOMCAT, it has the following >error message: Error: 500 Location:
/examples/servlet/test/test Internal Servlet Error:
at >java.lang.ClassLoader.resolveClass0(Native Method) at
at >org.apache.tomcat.loader.AdaptiveClassLoader.loadClass(AdaptiveClassLoad
at >org.apache.tomcat.loader.AdaptiveServletLoader.loadClass(AdaptiveServlet
at >org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.loadServlet(
5) at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.init(
at >org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service( at
at >org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.jav
at >org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(
at >org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(H
at >org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(
) at
org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ >
at It looks to me like Tomcat cannot
fine the lib files. Also, the test.jar deployment file has sub directory.
If I unzip them
to >"F:\tomcat\jakarta-tomcat-3.2\webapps\examples\WEB-INF\classes", it
will create several sub directories and jar files. How can I run the
"test.class" file, if the >file is in a sub directory say "myproject"? Can
Tomcat get the lib and attachment file from all the sub directory? Thanks
very much. kenny

I am having exactly the same problem. Did you get any answers or have you
solved the problem by yourself?

Best regards, Jani Toro

View raw message