tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Daniel A. Melo" <dan...@codata.com.br>
Subject Re: Problem with session tracking
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2001 14:53:52 GMT
I´m having the same problem.
I use a servlet to control my application and Jsp´s just to apresentation..

How did you resolve that?

[]´s

Daniel A.

gouldina@netscape.net wrote:

> My understanding is that sendRedirect() goes back to the client to do the redirection
rather than doing it on the server which is obviously more efficient.
> Have made some more progress and can now get a redirect to a servlet in the same package
and keep the same session so my guess is now that it's something to do with the way that Tomcat
thinks the web apps are partitioned - i.e. I don't think it thinks that it can/should reuse
the same session for the jsp page I was redirecting it to for some reason.