tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "TAKAHASHI Hideo(BSD-13G)" <hide...@bisd.hitachi.co.jp>
Subject 2 Comments on Users Guide for Tomcat 3.2.1
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2001 04:53:26 GMT
Hello, I am a Tomcat beginner.

I noticed two things on the users guide included in the binary release
of Tomcat 3.2.1.

(1) a typo

Under the "Making it on Apache" section,

"for example an AJP port other the 8007" is probably "for example an AJP
port other than 8007"

(2) location and name of pre-built mod_jserv for Apache on NT was not
apparent for me.

Under the "Obtaining the Jserv Module(mod_jserv)" section, some mention
for the ApacheModuleJServ.dll would be nice.

Maybe change the passage:
"...look _here_ and see if there is a pre-built version of mod_jserv
that suites your OS(Usually there is one for NT)"

into something like:
"...look _here_ and see if there is a pre-built version of mod_jserv
that suites your OS(Usually there is one for NT, named
ApacheModuleJServ.dll under win/i386)".

or, take another passage:
"Building mod_jserv for Win32 is less likely(you already have a
downloadable dll for Win32)"

and add some words such as:
"Building mod_jserv for Win32 is less likely(you already have a
downloadable dll named ApacheModuleJServ.dll for Win32 under win/I386)"

--
Hideo Takahashi
Business Solutions Division, Hitachi Ltd.