tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jason <jason...@asiacontent.com>
Subject Re: How to make DbConnectionBroker from javaexchange.com to work with Mysql?
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2001 08:22:06 GMT
Hi Jeff,

    this is the example from DbConnectionBroker.  I follow your advise to modify
this program but get "javaNullPointer exception" when calling "conn =
myBroker.getConnection()".  By the way, I am using the same JDBC driver
"org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver".
    I've used String dbServer="jdbc:mysql://192.168.36.1:3306/adv" or String
dbServer="jdbc:mysql://192.168.36.1:3306 or String
dbServer="jdbc:mysql://192.168.36.1/adv" or String
dbServer="jdbc:mysql://192.168.36.1" without any success.
"
    Any idea?

Thanx

Jason

---------------------------My code---------------------------
import com.javaexchange.dbConnectionBroker.*;

public class Example1 extends HttpServlet
{
    DbConnectionBroker myBroker;
    String dbDriver="org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver";
    String dbServer="jdbc:mysql://192.168.36.1:3306/adv";
    String dbLogin="correct_username";
    String dbPassword="correct_password";
    int minConns=2;
    int maxConns=20;
    String logFile="logfile";
    double recycleTime=5.0;

    public void init (ServletConfig config) throws ServletException {
        super.init(config);
        try
        {
          myBroker = new
DbConnectionBroker(dbDriver,dbServer,dbLogin,dbPassword,minConns,maxConns,logFile,recycleTime);

        }
        catch (IOException e5)
        {
        }
    }

    public void doGet (HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response)
throws ServletException, IOException
    {
        PrintStream out = new PrintStream (response.getOutputStream());
        Connection conn;
        Statement stmt = null;
        int thisConnection;
        response.setContentType ("text/html");