tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jason Kary <jk...@cisco.com>
Subject Re: Automatic URL-Encoding (sessionID)
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2001 18:38:18 GMT
Hi,

We're having an issue where our application is consuming large amounts
of CPU even after the servlet has complete.  I am unsure how to
debug this issue.  My thought is to use JDB in some way to print thread
lists and object lists.

I've set the following TOMCAT_OPTS="-Xdebug
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,address=9000,suspend=n -Xnoagent"

However when I try to connect to the running tomcat instance, I am
getting a null pointer exception in the JVMConnection method.

I am running on Redhat Linux 6.2, JVM 1.3.0_02.

Has ANYONE had any luck geting jdb to work with Tomcat?  Can you share
you expeirences?

Thanks!
Jason Kary