tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Scott Tatum <scott.ta...@wcom.com>
Subject Re: Problems with caching?
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2001 18:28:22 GMT
Are you using the include file directive to include the files? If you
are, then that is the problem. JSP's won't recompile if a file they
include is updated, only if the jsp file itself is updated. There are
two ways to get around this:

1. Load the jsp file and save it (may have to add a space, remove it,
then save or something similar)
2. Use the touch command unix to update the timestamps on all your jsp
files. This will cause them all to recompile. (e.g. go to your dir with
the jsp's and do a "touch *.jsp") This might be preferable since you are
dealing with header includes.

Hope this helps.

-Scott

--
Scott Tatum | scott.tatum@wcom.com
Senior Applications Developer, Special Projects