tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bap <li...@a1.org.uk>
Subject Re: Can a servlet call another servlet to receive it's XML data inorder to sent it to XSLT processor?
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2001 14:13:03 GMT
Ganasen Gounden wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have a XMLservlet() that is called from the browser with certain parameters. It returns
a set of XML data that is transformed to HTML using an XSLT style sheet on the client side
browser(ie5).

> Because not all users browsers have this capability yet, I want to try using XALAN parsers
to transform this xml data on the server side (Tomcat 3.2) to return html code to the browser.

> As my knowldege on servlets are limited I would like some guidlines or preferably some
sample code on how to do this:

> ie I would like the browser to call a JSP or another Servlet program to receive the paramters
from the browser, call the XMLservlet with these parameters, receive the xmldata from the
XMLServlet and parse it to the Xalan parsers for processing with the appropriate style sheet
and then return the HTML result to the client browser.

> Your help is appreciated.
>
> Regards

Have you looked at Cocoon (XSP) at http://xml.apache.org/cocoon

Bap