tomcat-users mailing list archives

From tomcat user <tomcatu...@myself.com>
Subject web.xml problem?
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2001 14:30:38 GMT
I'm using tomcat321 on NT4.0.
I have a simple login page that I'm trying to call my servlet to do some
processing on the request parameters. But, Tomcat cannot find my servlet.
See the details below. Any suggestions?

Here are my paths:

c:\opensource\tomcat321\webapps\TrainingPlansRepository\jsp\Login.html
c:\opensource\tomcat321\webapps\TrainingPlansRepository\web-inf\classes\born\servlets\LoginController.class

Here is a part of my web.xml:

<web-app>
<servlet>
<servlet-name>
LoginController
</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>
born.servlets.LoginController
</servlet-class>

<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>
LoginController
</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>
/TrainingPlansRepository/born/servlets/LoginController
</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

Here is the line that matters in my Login.html:
<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="born/servlets/LoginController">

Here is the resulting error msg in Netscape:
Not Found (404)

Original request:
/TrainingPlansRepository/jsp/born/servlets/LoginController

Not found request:
/TrainingPlansRepository/jsp/born/servlets/LoginController

FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com