tomcat-users mailing list archives

From tomcat user <tomcatu...@myself.com>
Subject RE: web.xml problem?
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2001 15:01:05 GMT
Thanks! That did the trick. Now, I'm getting NULL's in getting the request
parameters in my serlvet. I'll have to look at that a little more.

------Original Message------
From: Michael Wentzel <Michael.Wentzel@aswethink.com>
To: "'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: April 4, 2001 2:08:46 PM GMT
Subject: RE: web.xml problem?

> I'm using tomcat321 on NT4.0.
> I have a simple login page that I'm trying to call my servlet
> to do some
> processing on the request parameters. But, Tomcat cannot find
> my servlet.
> See the details below. Any suggestions?
>
> Here are my paths:
>
> c:\opensource\tomcat321\webapps\TrainingPlansRepository\jsp\Login.html
> c:\opensource\tomcat321\webapps\TrainingPlansRepository\web-in
> f\classes\born\servlets\LoginController.class
>
> Here is a part of my web.xml:
>
> <web-app>
> <servlet>
> <servlet-name>
> LoginController
> </servlet-name>
> <servlet-class>
> born.servlets.LoginController
> </servlet-class>
>
> <servlet-mapping>
> <servlet-name>
> LoginController
> </servlet-name>
> <url-pattern>
> /TrainingPlansRepository/born/servlets/LoginController
> </url-pattern>
> </servlet-mapping>
>
> Here is the line that matters in my Login.html:
> <FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="born/servlets/LoginController">
>
> Here is the resulting error msg in Netscape:
> Not Found (404)
>
> Original request:
> /TrainingPlansRepository/jsp/born/servlets/LoginController
>
> Not found request:
> /TrainingPlansRepository/jsp/born/servlets/LoginController

change your url pattern to
<url-pattern>
LoginController
</url-pattern>

or
<url-pattern>
/servlet/LoginController
</url-pattern>

if you really want the servlet path in there.

and then change your ACTION to ../LoginController or
.../servlet/LoginController
appropriately.

---
Michael Wentzel
Software Developer
Software As We Think - http://www.aswethink.com
mailto:wentzel@aswethink.com

- Punisher of those who cannot spell dumb!

FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com