tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David DELGRANCHE <ddelgran...@sogitec.fr>
Subject Positionning archives used by the servlets
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2001 16:52:38 GMT
	Hi all

	I have the following problem. I want to run servlets which access to a
OracleDB on another machine. I put the JDBC driver (file classes111.zip) in
the lib on the same level than the classes one. When running I have a 503
error. the servlet isn't able to access the other machine. Do I put my
driver in the wrong place? Is there a specific way to handle that sort of
appl;ication architecture?
	I used to work with JServ and didn't had that problem. What is the
difference between JServ and Tomcat that unables me to do the same things?
	Thanks for help

	David.