tomcat-users mailing list archives

From gregc...@mac.com
Subject problems loading mod_jk
Date Sun, 29 Apr 2001 18:50:54 GMT
Hi everyone,

I've gone through the documentation very thoroughly and feel as though I
am just missing something simple.  I have modified all the appropriate
files:  server.xml, workers.properties, httpd.conf.  I have put my
mod_jk.so file in my /usr/libexec/httpd directory where a bunch of other
.so files are.  Tomcat starts up perfectly, but when i go to statup
apache this is the error that comes up:

Syntax error on line 283 of /etc/httpd/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/libexec/mod_jk.so into server: (reason unknown)

Line 283 is where this block of code starts:

LoadModule jk_module    libexec/mod_jk.so
AddModule mod_jk.c
JkWorkersFile   /Library/Tomcat/conf/workers.properties
JkLogFile       /Library/Tomcat/logs/mod_jk.log
JkLogLevel      warn

I'm not sure what i'm missing here.  I am running Apache 1.3.14 on Mac
OS X.  If anyone has had any similar situations and found work arounds,
guidance would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

-greg