tomcat-users mailing list archives

From g..@agentsinside.com
Subject sealing violation
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2001 09:44:08 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to deploy Tomcat 4.0b3 with Java 1.3. When I do startup.sh,
I get:
ERROR reading /usr/local/conf/server.xml
At Line 75 /Server/Service/Engine/ name=Standalone defaultHost=localhost
debug=0

Catalina.start: java.lang.SecurityException: sealing violation
java.lang.SecurityException: sealing violation
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:234)

Searching the mail archive gave me a point, my jar files are symbolic
links to the real ones. Also, they contains "/../", which seems to be
the problem(?). I have a very good reason to do it, so what I would like
to do, is turn off this security feature. Can you please tell me how to
do this?

Thanks,
Laszlo