tomcat-users mailing list archives

From estu...@eas.san-jose.ca.us
Subject Re: How to read property files?
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2001 17:43:34 GMT
Thanks all that answered.
I tried several of the suggestions, and here is what I finally came up
with that works for me. I think it is portable enough to use in most
any tomcat situation.

File pf = new File(request.getRealPath("/myapp.properties"));
BufferedInputStream is = new BufferedInputStream(new FileInputStream(pf));
Properties p = new Properties();
try {
     p.load(is);
} catch ( java.io.IOException e ) {
    out.print("Can't load the properties file");
    return;
}

=eas=