tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sunil Chandurkar <su...@nagpurcity.net>
Subject RE: How can I run Batch file from servlet ??
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2001 16:08:04 GMT
Randy....
Actually this batch file contains sql command..
like
osql -U sa -P -i D:\Myfolder\CreateDatabase.sql

i have tried this time.. with "/c start" option
Process p = Runtime.getRuntime().exec
 ("cmd /c start D:\\myFolder\\myBatchFile.bat");
 p.waitFor();
and this time its able to fire the batch file
but that batch file itself giving error that "The name specified is not recognized as an internal
or external command"

The good thing is this option of running batch file is working with standalone java application
but not with servlet..

/sunil
--- Randy Layman <randy.layman@aswethink.com>