tomcat-users mailing list archives

From eric leung <chiu0...@yahoo.com>
Subject Servlet -- SingleThreadModel
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2001 23:02:39 GMT
I have a servlet implements the SingleThreadModel
Interface. But this servlet has problem handle more
than 1 request at a time.

Since I have 1 person on host1 upload a big file ( >
20MB ) to the servlet.  When the 2nd person on host2
send a request to that servlet. The servlet will not
response.

Any one had the same problem using SingleThreadModel?
I am using apache 1.3.17 + tomcat 3.2.1.
thanks.

P.S. I use SingleThreadModel beause i don't want to
worry about syncronization of threads, I have
Connection as instance variable:

public class admin extends HttpServlet implements
SingleThreadModel{
  private PrintWriter out;
  private OracleConnectionCacheImpl pool;
  private Connection conn;