tomcat-users mailing list archives

From teh j <tomcat_list2...@yahoo.com.au>
Subject chopped text inputs
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2001 06:34:41 GMT
hi there
I am having a small problem with form handling and
JSP.
Currently, I have a JSP form that submits data to a
Bean while it is error validated.

IF there is an error, the values taht are ok are
replaced in an error handling form while erroneous
data is cleared and the user is asked to re enter
data.
However, if I entered a sentence (say 'this is me')
into a text input box (not a text area), the replaced
value in the error handling page only contains the
first word of what i originally entered. CAn anybody
help me out with this? Should I use a textarea for
this or can a text type input box be used?
Or is it something else?

thanks
Jason

- Now showing: Dude Where's My Car, The Wedding Planner, Traffic..