tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Smith <shmo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Superclass for JSPs?
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2001 19:45:01 GMT
I honestly don't know if it's possible to subclass
your JSP pages, but I may have a hack workaround.
First, know that you can declare a 'jspinit()' method
that is just like the 'init()' method in your servlet.
 Search the following doc for details:

http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/onlineTraining/JSPIntro/contents.html

Also, you might use the 'include' directive to include
a jsp file in all of your other jsp pages.  For
instance, you may write a 'init_and_utils.jsp' file
and use the jsp include directive to attach it to each
of your other jsp's.

<jsp:include page="init_and_utils.jsp"/>

--Peter--

--- "Felix A. Milovanov" <felix@terasystems.com>