tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Eduard Witteveen <Eduard.Wittev...@omroep.nl>
Subject Re: How to get the parsed JSP string
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2001 13:35:18 GMT
Rhett Savage <rhett@nonlocal.com> wrote:
> if i understand correctly then one way you could
> accomplish that is simply by reading the output of the
> JSP (which you serve in the usual way) into a string
> using the java.net.URL class, something similar to the
> code below - this way any includes, interpolations,
> calculations that occur in the JSP will already have
> happened by the time it becomes an ordinary string...
No, i dont want to ask the webserver my parsed jsp, but in the webserver itselve retrieve
it.
An example of what i try to accomplish is attached below...

> rhett
>
> <sourcecode>
> ---
>
> On Tue, 3 Apr 2001, Eduard Witteveen wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I want to do some operations, after that the JSP page has been parsed.
> > For this i need the get the output of the jsp page, which has been parsed, i want
to use this output as input for something else. How can i archief this?
> > * Is there a way to put more then one servlet after eachother? or
> > * How can i get the output of the jsp parser, before it is send to the browser,
and change this.

    public synchronized void service(HttpServletRequest req, HttpServletResponse res) throws
ServletException,IOException {
		JspFactory  factory = JspFactory.getDefaultFactory();
        if(factory==null) {
            log.error("im getting this error all the time.....");
        }
        StringResponse tempResponse = new StringResponse();
        PageContext pageContext = factory.getPageContext(   this,   //the requesting servlet
                                                            req,    //the current request
pending on the servlet
                                                            tempResponse,    //the current
response pending on the servlet
                                                            null,   //the URL of the error
page for the requesting JSP, or null
                                                            false,  //true if the JSP participates
in a session
                                                            1024,   //size of buffer in bytes,
PageContext.NO_BUFFER if no buffer, PageContext.DEFAULT_BUFFER if implementation default.
                                                            true    //should the buffer autoflush
to the output stream on buffer overflow, or throw an IOException?
                                                        );
        pageContext.include(req.getRequestURI());
		String parsedJsp = tempResponse.getString();
		// now i can use the parsedJsp for generation of
		// somekinda file... let's say a pdf from a tex doc in which i
		// i used jsp....
    }
--
Eduard Witteveen	Systeemontwikkelaar NOS Internet
Mediacentrum Kamer 203, tel. +31(0)35 6773059

Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes? : The sixth Satire from Juvenal