tomcat-users mailing list archives

From ma...@convey.it
Subject java.lang.UnsatisifedLinkError
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2001 06:52:50 GMT
hello,

        I found some talk of this in the archives but no solution was
ever suggested and it's becoming a real problem for me. My code calls
JNI functions, if i compile and build everything and then start up
tomcat all my pages work, all the java classes behind them work and
everybody's happy. The problem appears when i modify a java class and
recompile it, the next time i visit a page (even one which doesn't
call code which uses the JNI lib) i get this unsatisfied link error
and a message about my .so already being loaded in another class
loader. All of my .class get put in a jar which then gets put in my
app's WEB-INF directory, i'm assuming that this is why i get the
unsatisifed link error even if the page i try to view calls code which
doesn't call the JNI lib, correct? Is this a mistake of mine or a bug?
in the later case is there a work around? should i try with tomcat 4?

possibily useful info:
jdk 1.3
tomcat 3.2.1
linux 2.4