tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Betty Chang" <betty.ch...@portalwave.com>
Subject question about uploading files and multipart/form-data FORMS
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2001 00:56:09 GMT
Hi All -- With Tomcat, I have no problems submitting forms with ENCTYPE="multipart/form-data"
 and uploading files into my server.

However, when I was using Apache/JServ, certain files will not upload because the code that
reads the uploaded data dies on a  read() call somewhere with an application null error.
I cannot determine what causes the problem -- it's not the type of file, or anything, such
certain files, and .doc files seem to be the most troublesome.

Has anyone else seen this problem with apache/Jserv,  but not with Tomcat?

Thanks

Betty

Portal Wave, Inc.
Catalyst for Collaborative Commerce