tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Jesse <alexander.je...@csfs.com>
Subject RE: JBuilder Remote Debugging
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2001 10:31:34 GMT
Hi,

although I cannot comment on Tomcat and JB4 debugging, a work-colleague
has this info for remote debugging under jb4:
I got a running remote debugging configuration using JBuilder4 as Debugging UI to debug the
new CSServlet which runs under Sun JDK1.3 on Netscape/JRun301.

In JRun I had to add the following Java-Arguments to the java command (Debug-Serverside configuration):

-classic -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=5000 -Xdebug  -Xnoagent
-Djava.compiler=NONE

I'm not shure if all this options really are required, but it runs.

Within JBuilder I use the following Debug settings: (hostname can change for really remote
debugging) <project properties><debug-tab>following checkboxes:
- Enable Smart Step
- all Smart Step Settings
- Enable remote debugging
- remote settings: