tomcat-users mailing list archives

From er...@msoft.com (Erik Horstkotte)
Subject The Joy of File : New Window
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2001 01:33:52 GMT
I've run into a problem that seems to lie in the borders between Struts
and Tomcat. We're developing a fairly large JSP & EJB - based project
and have just run into the fun fact that when a user (of IE 5.5 or
Communicator 4.61 at least) "splits" the window, the session id cookie
is inherited by the new window, and therefore *both* windows start
sharing the same form beans. This causes havoc. I don't see how our app
can even *detect* the condition, much less *deal* with it.

How are you others out there dealing with this issue?

-- Erik