tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Sam Newman" <sam.new...@www.stamplets.com>
Subject Re: Mission Impossible: Tomcat + Apache ???
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2001 11:36:55 GMT
the mod_jk.conf-auto tomcat creates authomatically generates the apache directives so apache
can see the contexts setup under tomcat. Whilst they use different document roots, you can
easily make them look the same my tweaking the generated directives. The .jsp files &
servlets have to sit under the tomcat webapps directory for them to get picked up by the tomcat
classloader. The jsp file actually gets compiled at runtime to a servlet before being viewed.

sam
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Yoav
  To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
  Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2001 12:51 PM
  Subject: Re: Mission Impossible: Tomcat + Apache ???

  Yes, I've read the apache-tomcat howto, and followed it's instructions step by step.

  BUT

  When I've put (as a test...) snoop.jsp in the c:\apache\htdocs directory - it couldn't find
it!
  Only once I've put it in the c:\jakarta-tomcat\webapps\ROOT it was found and compiled.
  So, I figured out that by default they (Apache vs. Tomcat ) have different "DocumentRoot"
structure.
  That's my question.

  I've also tried to point in the mod_jk.conf and server.xml the "/" dir of the tomcat to
use c:\apache\htdocs - but still no luck...