tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Xiaofeng Chen" <>
Subject problem using
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2001 19:26:56 GMT
I have started my tomcat-3.2.1 and configured the Apache to use tomcat. I
have problem to start Apache. When I started Apache, the following error shows:

Syntax error on line 8 of /export/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1/conf/mod_jk.conf-auto:
API module structure `jk_module' in file /etc/httpd/libexec/ is garbled - perhap
s this is not an Apache module DSO?

I didn't edit mod_jk.conf-auto. I believe it was generated automatically after tomcat was

started. the libexec directory is created by myself since in the document of Working with
it says that you need copy the to libexec, but I don't have a libexec directory
/etc/httpd directory, where /etc/httpd/conf directory is.

Any clue? Appreciate your help.

Xiaofeng Chen
Software Development Engineer/Analyst
Interactive Media Group, Nebraska Educational Telecommunications
1800 N. 33rd, Lincoln, NE68583
(402) - 472-9333, ext. 569(voice); (402) - 472-3815(fax),

View raw message