tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Xiaofeng Chen" <xc...@unlnotes01.unl.edu>
Subject problem using mod_jk.so
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2001 19:26:56 GMT
I have started my tomcat-3.2.1 and configured the Apache to use tomcat. I
have problem to start Apache. When I started Apache, the following error shows:

Syntax error on line 8 of /export/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1/conf/mod_jk.conf-auto:
API module structure `jk_module' in file /etc/httpd/libexec/mod_jk.so is garbled - perhap
s this is not an Apache module DSO?

I didn't edit mod_jk.conf-auto. I believe it was generated automatically after tomcat was

started. the libexec directory is created by myself since in the document of Working with
mod_jk,
it says that you need copy the mod_jk.so to libexec, but I don't have a libexec directory
in
/etc/httpd directory, where /etc/httpd/conf directory is.

Any clue? Appreciate your help.

Xiaofeng Chen
Software Development Engineer/Analyst
Interactive Media Group, Nebraska Educational Telecommunications
1800 N. 33rd, Lincoln, NE68583
(402) - 472-9333, ext. 569(voice); (402) - 472-3815(fax)
xchen3@unl.edu, xchen9@hotmail.com