tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ed Gomolka <>
Subject Re: tomcat without apache logging & security
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2001 10:02:28 GMT
On Tuesday 03 April 2001 10:47, wrote:
> I would like to log all the queries to the database in logs/servlet.log. I
> put the verbosityLevel to DEBUG which didn't seem to have an effect on the
> logfile (it only logs the init calls). In server.xml, there are all these
> ContextInterceptors that I suspect to be helpful (?), but I have no idea
> how to use or modify them. If you have some explanation or suggestions or
> know some documentation "for dummies" I would be very grateful :-)
What you need to do is use log statements in your Java code
In your Java code, obtain the servlet context, and then write a log
statement along the lines of:
servletContext.log("Querying the database");
Any logging you do using the servlet API's logging facility will end up in
Tomcat's servlet log.
Check the Javadoc for the servlet API for more info.

Ed Gomolka

View raw message