tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "balasubramanian.v" <vb...@i-three.com>
Subject Problem with Autmatic refresh of tomcat server.
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2001 09:06:41 GMT
Dear Sir,
I have a problem with tomcat 3.2.1 I am using apache on linux with tomcat 3.2.1
I have a database bean component which looks up for the sql statements in a file.

Whenever i change the sql statements file i get a null pointer execption error.
At this juncture i need to restart the tomcat server.

Could you please let me know how i can sort out this problem of shutdown and
restart of the server. I change the sql statements file once every 15 minutes so i
cannot afford to restart each time.

Aleternately i tried the resource bundle concept for reading sql statements. This also
does not help me in solving the problem. I still have to restart the server each time.

Is there an alternate method for solving this problem.

Regards

Bala

Balasubramanian
Project Lead