tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Lian, Xiaobu (Alice) (Xiaobu (Alice))" <li...@agere.com>
Subject RE: TOMCAT SHUTDOWN PROBLEM
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2001 19:35:51 GMT
I have tomcat shutdown problem on HP-UX.  At first I had to kill it.  Then
I found that it would be shutdown after running "tomcat.sh stop" three
times.
I have not spent time to figure out why.  Anybody has some ideas about it?
Should I change the tomcat.sh scripts?  Thanks for any input!

Alice

Xiaobu Alice Lian
Database Engineer
Agere Systems
lianx@agere.com
(484)397-2583

-----Original Message-----
From: Randy Layman [mailto:randy.layman@aswethink.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2001 1:58 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: TOMCAT SHUTDOWN PROBLEM

	Possibilities I see:
	1.  You have disabled AJP12 in your server.xml file (needed to
shutdown)
	2.  Tomcat is only getting halfway shutdown - it stops accepting
AJP12 connections but still keeps the HTTP connection open.  I've seen
reports of this happening on HP-UX (after a few attempts if finally closes)
or when using the Kaffe JVM (in which case people have upgraded).  You can
check this by using ps/TaskManager after issuing the shutdown and check for
running processes.
	3.  Something other than Tomcat is the one using the port.  You can
check this with netstat (Unix or Windows) in combination with
ps/TaskManager.

	Randy