tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Arnaud Dostes - NTI" <ados...@nti-sa.com>
Subject Re: Mission Impossible: Tomcat + Apache ???
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2001 13:04:42 GMT
No one works like that, (well I don't) =)

You can configure the Apache's virtual host to point to a tomcat dir...

let's say you have your webapps in /tomcat/webapps/myApp/

you should have the following directory structure :

/tomcat/webapps/myApp/
                                    WEB-INF/
                                                 /classes

In apache's virtual host config, set the HTML root to /tomcat/webapps/myApp
All the static HTML in myApp/ will be served by Apache
All the *.jsp and servlets will be served by Tomcat

That should do it.

Putting your *.jsp in c:\apache\htdocs won't work, cause that path is not in the <Directory>
directive of mod_jk.conf

Regards, Arnaud "I'm confusing you more" Dostes.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Yoav
  To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
  Cc: sam.newman@stamplets.com
  Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2001 3:29 PM
  Subject: Re: Mission Impossible: Tomcat + Apache ???

  That's what I'm talking about !!

  That's the problem I couldn't solve!!
  In all other JSP/servlets engines (JavaWebServer, Apache_Jserv+GnuJsp) - All the HTML &
JSP files are mixed in the SAME directory structure.

  How can I implement this under Apache-tomcat ?
  All available configurations hold all the JSP files in some webapps\ROOT directory...

  C'mon! there's gotta be a way.
  I find it hard to believe that everyone works like that.

  Yoav.