tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Kilbride" <j...@kilbride.com>
Subject Using the <Host> directive (Feature request?)
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2001 17:19:09 GMT
Is there any plan to include pattern matching in the <Host> directive in the
server.xml file? Right now, in order to catch requests to mydomain.com and
www.mydomain.com, you have to use two <Host> directives. The problem with
this is that it loads two instances of all your servlets/jsp's. I'm using DB
connection pools and I'd like to avoid loading everything twice -- creating
twice as many connections to my DB.

Something like:

<Host *.mydomain.com>

or even being able to list multiple combinations, to avoid pattern matching:

<Host mydomain.com www.mydomain.com>

would really help. I'm using 3.2.1 and haven't tried any of the betas, yet.
Is this available in 3.3 or 4.0?

Thanks,
--jeff