tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ngu Nguyen" <>
Subject mod_jk??
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2001 20:45:12 GMT
I just finished compiling the  Now I am having
troubles running it with apache.  I am getting the following message:

Syntax error on line 60 of /usr/local/tomcat/conf/mod_jk.conf-auto:
Invalid command 'Alias', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not
included in the server configuration
bin/apachectl startssl: httpd could not be started

I think it is not loading the module correctly.  What do you think it is??
Could anyone please help me with this.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lian, Xiaobu (Alice) (Xiaobu (Alice))" <>
To: <>
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2001 12:26 PM

I just got through the procedure of building mod_jk.  So I can share some
information with you.
I use tomcat 2.3.1 and apache1.3.9 on hp-ux 11.00.

I downloaded the source code of tomcat 3.2.1, but could not find the script mentioned in the
mod_jk-howto guide.  So I downloaded source code for tomcat 3.3, and found
the and
which I used to build my mod_jk.

The TC3.3 mod_kj-howto has the note:  "The version of mod_jk is not
dependent on the version of Tomcat.  The
Tomcat 3.3 distribution of mod_jk will function correctly with other 3.x
versions of Tomcat, such as Tomcat 3.2.1."

It works fine for me so far, except that I have some configuration issues to
be solved to allow apache to work with tomcat.

Xiaobu Alice Lian
Database Engineer
Agere Systems