tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Arthur" <>
Subject Tomcat (+Cocoon) with SSL
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2001 15:39:53 GMT
Sorry for the re-post, but I urgently need this problem remedied!

I have installed Apache+mod_ssl on a Win32 system.  I then installed Tomcat
with mod_jk (recompiled for EAPI), and set it up to start a secure handler
on 8443, using JSSE.   Finally I installed Cocoon (from, and
set up my page, which involves a simple user logon.

All was well, and I get a secure connection with HTTPS, but I cannot seem to
prevent access to the page under HTTP.   I have tried using SSLRequireSSL in
the <Directory> field for Cocoon, along with SSLOptions +StrictRequire.
This works fine with normal (non-tomcat) pages, but has no effect here.

Cocoon is set up to send all .xml files to my ajp13 worker.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

View raw message