tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Alex Colic" <>
Subject Re: Still Can't set-up Tomcat for ssl. Please help.
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2001 19:11:17 GMT

Thanks for the reply. I changed the port to 443 but there was no change.

Am I correct in assuming that once I have https working I should be able to
access the same page via:

and https:\\localhost\index.html or https:\\localhost:443\index.html

Because I can see the first page but the second page gives me a 404 error
this page can not be found. As for the firewall, I am testing this
implementation on an intranet. At this point I should not have to worry
about firewalls etc., right?

Thanks for any help

>Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 16:18:52 +0100 (BST)
>To: Tomcat-User <>
>From: Kevin Sangeelee <>
>Subject: Re: Can't set-up Tomcat for ssl. Please help.
>If you're running Tomcat standalone, try changing the port value to 443
>rather than 8443 (and make sure any firewalls are configured to allow this
>protocol) (or of course append :8443 to your https request).

View raw message